The Epicor, formerly Solarsoft, Quality Control module controls
the inventory movement and parts costing under quality control
inspections. Inspections can take place at P/O receiving, from
customer returns, on the shop floor, or in post-production.
Inspection procedures are defined for each part. A procedure will
include a listing of part features to be inspected, as well as an
inspection schedule. Inspection requests can be turned into
inspection orders, as stock is moved to a Q.C. stock location.
Scheduling tools (e.g., MRP, MPS, etc.) recognize the Q.C. stock
location as reserved inventory.
- Define inspection schedules for Receiving, Production and
- Inspection requests and work orders automatically generated
from pre-established inspection schedules
- Allow manual request for inspection (e.g., box damaged, cause
- Initiate inspection for customer returns
decrease in annual cost of quality for automotive
supplier Johnson Controls
- Create inspection procedures
- Optional tag number
- Supports dispositioning (Scrap, Rework, "As is", Downgrade, and
Return to Vendor)
- Definable Reason Codes for dispositioning
- "Scrap" disposition can be associated with work orders, shifts,
employees and departments
- "Rework" disposition captures additional cost expense against
- "Return to Vendor" disposition generates BOL
- Track cost of inspection by part feature (e.g., resource hours
used, employee hours and materials consumed).
- Accountability of costs at the department level
- Scrap and downgrade dispositioning allows for classifying and
allocating costs to user-definable groups
to find out more about Quality Management